Staying active is one key to living a healthy lifestyle. Here are five tips to stay on track:
- Have Fun! Pick activities that appeal to you and enjoy doing.
- Fits You! The activity should fit your lifestyle. If you have 30 minutes, try to find activities that can be done in that timeframe.
- Explore Your Surroundings! Your neighborhood may have a number of options to stay active. Explore the parks, swimming pools and rec center activities.
- Recruit Friends! Find a friend or family member to be active with so you can motivate and reward each other.
- Involve the whole family! Arrange for outings that are physically active, such as walking the dog, rowing or hiking.