The health and safety of our patients and team members continues to be our # 1 priority at Metro Health. Metro Health is a DC Health Department COVID-19 Vaccine and COVID-19 Booster Distribution site in partnership with the DC Department of Health.
As a recognized vaccine and booster distribution center, we are in constant communication with local government agencies regarding the current situation regarding COVID-19 to assure the health and safety of our community and the Metro Health team.
Please note, our medical team has determined that pre-op, school physicals, Flu Shots, COVID-19 Vaccine, TB testing, and COVID019 Boosters will need to take place at the health center.
To schedule your appointment to receive the COVID-19 Vaccine or COVID-19 Booster, please click below:
Before Your Appointment
- Please call us at 202-638-0750 before you come in so we can determine the safest way to treat you.
- Complete a COVID-19 assessment form prior to arrival of your appointment. You can access that form here .
COVID-19 Vaccine and booster Distribution
The distribution of the COVID-19 vaccination and COVID-19 Boosters has begun in the Washington, DC area.
Currently, the COVID-19 vaccine is available throughout the country without many restrictions. Everyone over the age of 5 should receive the COVID-19 Vaccine. The Booster is now available to everyone ages 16 and older. With the increasing forms of variants occurring throughout the globe, it is strongly encouraged that everyone obtains COVID-19 vaccination and a booster as soon as possible.
Metro Health follows guidance from the local governments for COVID-19 Vaccination and Boosters.
Please visit their respective COVID-19 websites to learn more information:
- DC Department of Health: https://coronavirus.dc.gov/vaccine
- Maryland Department of Health: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/vaccine
- Virginia Department of Health: https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/covid-19-vaccine/‘
Current CDC Distribution Guidelines
All adults are now eligible for the vaccine and for Boosters. You can make an appointment through DC Health at www.vaccinate.dc.gov or by calling 855-363-0333.
Frontline healthcare workers are mandated by the CDC to receive the vaccine to guarantee they stay healthy and can continue to serve the DC region
If you are a frontline healthcare worker, please contact your employer to discuss vaccination opportunities available to you.
COVID-19 is one of the greatest public health emergencies ever encountered and is a threat both to public health and economic security globally. People are experiencing anxiety, stress, and the psychological effects of the pandemic.
- Over 275 million people worldwide have been infected with the coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2 or COVID-19) (WHO, December 2021)
- 5.35 million people have died globally from COVID-19 (WHO, December 2021)
We will continue to provide updates to patient vaccine distribution plans on this webpage and on our social media channels. Our goal is to help every patient receive the vaccine as soon as it is available to us.
Please visit the CDC to learn about the latest information on COVID-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
We have created the following local resources for you and will be having monthly community Town Halls to discuss the COVID-19 Vaccine with the Community:
Stop The Spread
Tips to Slow the Spread and Keep You & Your Family Safe
- Wear a mask to protect yourself and others to stop the spread of COVID0-19
- Stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arm lengths) from others who don’t live with you
- Avoid crowds. The more people you are in contact with, the more likely you are to be exposed to COVID-19.
- Consider a virtual gathering to celebrate winter holidays
- Stay home if you are sick
- Get tested and quarantine immediately after
- Get the COVID-19 vaccine when available
- Answer all COVID-19 screening questions honestly
We are Stronger Together and if each of us does our part to keep our communities healthy and safe, we can beat this deadly disease.
Please join us in the fight against COVID-19. Metro Health is here to serve you and your loved ones.
Please let us know how we can be of support by reaching out to us at (202) 638-0957.