We are currently accepting new patients. To schedule your first visit, please call our main number (202) 638-0750 or online by clicking here.
- Patient Intake Form
- Consent to Treatment (1012 14th Street, NW)
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Patient Rights and Responsibilities
- Consent to Treatment (CC)
What to expect at your initial visit
At MetroHealth, we believe that a great partnership is essential for optimal health. Below is information that will assist in establishing a fruitful relationship.
- Please fill out and bring the patient forms that are mentioned above.
- Please make sure that any previous medical records are available for review. We will add them to your electronic medical record and you can access them at any time via our patient portal.
- Please try not to eat before your appointment. That way we can get your cholesterol, and glucose tests done while you’re fasting. At least 6-8 hours is best, preferably 10-12.
There is a lab at MetroHealth so blood draws can be done in house. This saves the hassle of going to another facility. Please remember to fast at least 6-8 hours beforehand. If you have an afternoon appointment, you can return to the lab some other time when you have fasted.
The Visit with your Provider
During your visit, your medical provider will need to know your prior medical history, all prescriptions, over-the-counter and herbal medications you are currently taking or have taken in the past. Also, please discuss any allergies you may have or any adverse reactions to medications you have experienced. Lastly, we encourage you to bring a list of any questions or health concerns you would like to discuss with your provider.
We accept the following insurances for medical services:
- Care First / Blue Cross Blue Shield
- United HealthCare
We accept the following insurances for behavioral health services:
- Care First / Blue Cross Blue Shield
Metro Health is dedicated to the goal of providing medical services to anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. Metro Health strives to ensure that the financial capacity of people who need health care services does not prevent them from seeking or receiving care. No patient will be denied Metro Health Services based on inability to pay.
If you are uninsured, there may be some health insurance options available to you.
- Please visit DC Health Link. DC Health Link is the District of Columbia’s online health insurance exchange. At the site, you will be able to compare and shop for health insurance policies that fit your needs.
- You may also qualify for Medicaid. You can apply online at the DC Health Link. You may also apply in person at an Income Maintenance Administration (IMA) Service Center. To locate a center online or call 202-727-5355 for help.
If you are uninsured or underinsured, please request to speak with one of our skilled Social Workers who can help you apply, pick a plan, and enroll in a best affordable plan as possible based upon your financial eligibility.
We offer several different financial assistance options for patients who need help paying their bills.
Upon request, Metro Health will negotiate a patient payment plan to qualified individuals.
Sliding Fee Scale
In addition, Metro Health has established a very affordable Sliding Fee Schedule based on the Federal Poverty Guidelines to help lower your medical fee based on your income level. Click here to view our sliding fee scale policy. Alternatively, you can view this scale as an actual chart here.
Discount Payment Options
Metro Health has established a discount payment options based upon the financial eligibility of the individuals who are uninsured. A patient may qualify for discount payment options whose annual family income is more than Two Hundred percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Eligible patients’ obligation will be reduced to no more than the facilities lowest negotiated rate from a private health plan.
After hours access
MetroHealth is committed to provide exceptional care to all patients, at all times. Your well-being is important to us. Outside of normal clinic hours, for urgent matters you can call (202) 638-0750 and an on-call provider will call you back. Please continue to call 911 for all emergencies.
MetroHealth is located at 1012 14th Street, NW, Suite 700, in Washington DC. Easily accessible by bus and metro.